FAR INFRARED RAYS
- Warms the body with radiant heat, penetrating 6-8 inches
- Gently increases blood flow without heightening blood pressure
- Reduces swelling and inflammation
- Improves lymphatic flow
- Discovered by NASA to be “the safest, most beneficial lightwave.”
- Known to eliminate carcinogenic materials, heavy metals & toxins
- Normalizes a variety of physiological functions especially glandular, according to NASA
- Naturally experienced by feeling the ‘warmth’ of the sun, these invisible rays allow us to feel ‘good’.
- Clears out free radicals and disease causing agents from the body
- Purifies blood, revives cells
WHAT ARE FAR INFRARED RAYS?
Far Infrared Rays (FIR) are a naturally occurring form of energy. We experience them most commonly when we feel the warmth of the sun on our skin. Every surface radiates FIR waves as a function of surface temperature. All living things emit small amounts of FIR. These rays are a part of the electro-magnetic light frequency of sunlight, yet are invisible to the human eye.
Science, especially NASA, has shown that these are some of the most beneficial unseen energies that reach the human body. Historically, our ancestors received plenty of FIR just by living outside in the sunlight. Today, however, few of us spend enough time outdoors to receive adequate amounts of these beneficial rays directly from the sun. Plus we now know that there are other harmful rays that come from direct sun exposure.
DISCOVERY & DEVELOPMENTAL USE OF FAR INFRARED RAYS
FIR, known as radiant heat, was discovered by the English astronomer Sir William Herschel in 1800. Herschel found, by putting a thermometer at various points in a prismatic spectrum, that ordinary light transmits some heat. It was then noted that the surface temperature increased when the colors were changed from purple towards the red. This later became known as a part of their absorbency and reflective capabilities. Next he discovered that the effect was even more marked beyond the red end of the spectrum. This ‘unseen’ light with a strong a heat function was termed Far Infrared Rays.
NASA did some initial research on isolating and recreating Far Infrared Light technology. They concluded that FIR was the safest, most beneficial natural lightwave.
NASA decided that infrared therapy would be an ideal way to stimulate cardiovascular function during long space missions by placing FIR “generators” in space suits.
When the patent period ended, NASA released the information for generating FIR to the public. Since then, scientists in Japan have continued to develop this technology. They designed and created fibers to be worn on the body that emit the same wavelengths as natural Far Infrared Light from the sun, yet more concentrated. This soon became known as one of the Kurera ‘super fibers’ from Japan. This super fiber is one of the 17 layers of the BioMat.
WHAT HEALTH BENEFITS CAN FIR HAVE ON PEOPLE?
- Promotes regeneration and fast healing
- Improves sleep cycles – reach deep delta states quickly
- Increases energy levels
- Increases micro blood circulation (e.g. eye & kidney), delivery of oxygen and nutrients in the blood
- Reduces swelling & inflammation by improving lymphatic flow
- Assists with pain reduction
- Releases lactic acid build-up in the muscle tissue
- Reduces fatty acids in the tissue
- Revitalizes the biological function of the cells
- Improves circulation, increases blood flow without increasing blood
- Enhances muscle tone and strength
- Increase metabolism, burn calories, facilitating weight loss
- Increases the level of oxygen in the cells
- Strengthens white blood cell function, thereby increasing immune response
- Reduces waste products from the cells
- Releases Toxins stored in the body
- Improves the autonomic functions of the nervous system
An increase in body temperature by only one degree results in a 40% increase in immunity. Optimal immune response is achieved at 109.4F (Nobuhiro Yoshimizu, M.D., Ph.D., former director of Yokohama General Hospital.)
These Long Wave Infrared Rays provide a heat source (similar to what we feel at the beach) that relieves shoulder discomfort, joint pain, lumbago, and muscle fatigue, just to name a few symptoms. Moreover, perspiration helps expel unhealthy materials such as urea, nitrogen, uric acid, sodium, and chlorine which can cause kidney infection and other problems.
HOW DO FAR INFRARED RAYS AFFECT THE BODY?
Far Infrared Rays increase the heart rate and blood circulation - both of which are crucial to maintaining our health. The heart rate increases as more blood flow is diverted from the inner organs toward the extremities of the skin without increasing blood pressure.
As the Infrared energy penetrates the body, it safely and gently heats the tissues and blood supply within the affected area. When FIR penetrates through the skin to the subcutaneous tissues, it transforms from light energy into heat energy. The thermal effect within the deep layers of tissues causes blood vessels and capillaries to dilate, promoting better blood circulation. The heat produced helps to get rid of body toxins and metabolic wastes typically through perspiration.
FIR has the ability to penetrate, radiate and reflect. The human body can absorb FIR because of its deep penetrating ability. Humans emit FIR, yet we need a reflection of some kind to absorb it.
For example: When we cuddle with a person or a pet, the warm and cozy feeling we experience is this Far Infrared reflection.
FIR heat our bodies from the inside out, not from the outside in, like most other heating sources.
Far Infrared Rays penetrate 80 times more deeply than other kinds of heat. This provides a more even heating throughout the body, not just ‘hot spots’ on the skin surface like a common heating pad. Therefore, these rays not only benefit the surface of the body like other heating systems, they reach all the cells includingblood vessels, lymph glands, muscles, organs, and nerves in even the deepest parts of our body.
HOW ARE FAR INFRARED RAYS CREATED IN THE BIOMAT?
The BioMat Amethyst features the patented Kurera Super Fiber* developed in Japan.
*U.S.F.D.A. Patent No. 1386560 for the Kurera super fiber
FIR are generated through the BioMat by converting common household electricity called A/C (alternating current) to D/C (direct current – like a battery). Then pulses of this D/C electrical energy are sent through the patented carbon ceramic Kurera fiber material. As the compounds in the fibers are activated, they release Far Infrared Rays.
As FIR then pass through the Amethyst crystals, the crystals elongate the wave length and emit a Long Wave FIR (6-12 Microns in length). These in turn are amplified 200 times by the amethyst. This is a naturally occurring property of amethyst. As FIR move through amethyst crystals they are refracted and organize the FIR into geometrical patterns with higher biocompatibility. These FIR penetrate 5-8 inches into the body.
Through independent research, thousands of materials were tested and amethyst was found to have the largest amplification of FIR of any of the samples used. For over a decade, jade was used as the medium of amplification in the BioMats. Then in 2005, because of the new research data, Richway began offering amethyst in its mats, expanding its catalog of choices. The AMETHYST BIOMAT has been the most popular choice of mats since that time.
WHAT ARE LONG WAVE AND SHORT WAVE INFRARED RAYS?
The infrared segment of the electromagnetic spectrum is divided into three segments by wave frequencies and wave lengths. Wave lengths are measured in microns (mm), which are one millionth of a meter: Near Infrared: 0.76-1.5 mm; Middle: 1.5-5.6 mm; Far: 5.6-1000 mm. The long wavelengths were determined by NASA to be the safest, most beneficial natural lightwave.
After years of research, scientists then discovered that A narrow spectrum between 4-14 micron length of Far Infrared Rays were the ones particularly beneficial for humans and animals
The BioMat delivers just these specific wavelengths and has an automated shut off for the wavelengths above and below these ranges which other mats do not have.
Richway scientists decided to ‘tune’ the mat FIR as close to a mother’s touch as possible. In the loving arms of a mother, a relaxed state is created causing the release of endorphins and allowing the body to tap into its own innate wisdom to heal itself.
IS THERE MORE THAN ONE KIND OF INFRARED RAY BEING USED IN THE BIOMAT?
6.8 Micron Infrared – the wavelength associated with human bio-fields
- The BioMat is a totally unique medical device producing Far Infrared as well as generating 6.8 microns of Long Wave “Human” Infrared. According to NASA research, Human Infrared normalizes a variety of important physiological functions, especially glandular functions. This ‘Human’ Infrared feature of the BioMat makes it different from any other infrared device on the market.
- The BioMat generates a spectrum of photon infrared through a special sensor which amplifies and modulates the wavelengths to 6.8 Micron wavelength infrared exposures.
- The Vita-Mat or Aesta Mat produced by other companies do not have this additional sensor and so do not deliver the extra benefits of 6.8 micron infrared.
10 Hz Infrared – acts as an information carrier when passed through the body
- The BioMat includes another sensor which generates 10 Hz infrared. World renown scientist Dr. Chian, of China has demonstrated that 10 Hz IR acts as an information carrier when passed through various materials, including human and animal DNA, as well as gemstones such as Amethyst.
- BioMat’s with 10Hz IR sensors were tested along with a control group of BioMat’s without the 10 Hz sensor. The most potent healing effects occurred only under the group with the 10 Hz sensor. This means that infrared alone was not responsible for the healing, but rather the addition of information being released from the Amethyst as hypothesized by researchers.
- As one Korean Research scientist said, “It appears that with infrared we are talking about energy, but with the addition of amethyst, and the 10 Hz IR, we are now talking about energy plus healing information. This is the critical difference between the use of infrared saunas, infrared mats (without 10Hz infrared or amethyst) and the Bio-Mat”. No other mats contain this sensor.
THE BIOMAT ERADICATES E. COLI
Some technical data provided by Richway International and taken from the research done at the KOREAN FAR INFRARED ASSOCIATION (KIFA) testing facility:
The copy of the document below shows the results of exposing 2 different common bacterium: E. coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosa to the BioMat. The ‘Blank’ in the document refers to the ‘control’ group and the ‘Amethyst’ refers to the Amethyst BioMat. You can see how the eradication was sped up by using the BioMat over the control subject.
VIEW TEST RESULTS (pdf file)
Dr. Fouad I. Ghaly, M.D., conducted a review of the medical literature and medical history to investigate the benefits of far infrared light to treat stress, depression, chronic fatigue, chronic pain, cancer, thyroid, and a host of other ailments.
The Promise of Far-Infrared Treatment, Acupuncture Today
Author Andrew Rader reviews the history and medical literature supporting far infrared light to treat chronic fatigue, chronic pain, cancer, heavy metal detoxification, prostate cancer and other illnesses: